Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Update August; Highlights and Brahmi Oil

As previously stated, I will write primarily monthly updates on this blog. To make things consistent, I'll be using a structured question format.

August Update 

What is the current length of your hair?





What products are you currenty loving?
Tresseme Naturals - This not only gives me great slip, but is also super moisturizing!
Brahmi Oil - Contains 22 different herbs and oils including coconut and amla. This stuff is the bomb.com!
Eco-styler - I can't believe I'm writing this but a tiny amount of eco styler mixed with olive oil has help me maintain a frizzless, defined and bouncy wash and go. My hair usually hates gel. Happy I didn't give up on trying to make it work for me!


What's your current wash regimen?
  • Cowash 1 - 2 times per week
  • Shampoo twice a month (every 14 days)
  • Apply a leave-in or leave in a little conditioner
  • Seal hair with coconut, olive or monoi oil and seal ends with shea butter
  • At night I leave my hair in the puff and wrap it,wake up, fluff and go or I baggy the puff and wrap the rest. Sometimes, if my hair feels dry at night, I apply a little water and leave-in.

How have you been styling your hair?
Puffs and an occassional wash and go. I'll probably start twisting again in September when the weather cools down.


What challenges have you faced?
Trimming my hair. My hair is really dense and destroy and search is a bit difficult. I'm trying to find an effective way to trim. I think I may have to have my hubby go back to trimming duty, at least the back of my head, that's the most difficult part to trim.

Any drastic changes to your regimen or hair?
Highlights


Would you like to offer any hair advice for this month?
Brahmi oil, this stuff is incredible and it works great when mixed with conditioner. Some people complain about the smell, but I think it smells mostly like coconut oil. It's so moisturizing and imparts shine.
Vinegar rinses to help cuticles lie flat and add sheen to the hair. I use about 4 cups of cold water and 1/8 cup of vinegar, a little goes a long way. I do this once or twice per month.

Happy August!

No comments:

Post a Comment