Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rhassoul Clay Sunday Morning Spa



Saturday night I oiled my hair with a mixture of shea, coconut and neem oil. I placed my puff (only) in a baggy and went to sleep. This morning, I'm having a lazy Sunday and decided to do another rhassoul clay treatment. I bedazzled my recipe a bit and will post results later. Here is the recipe I used:

Rhassoul clay
Apple cider vinegar
Distilled water
Honey
Essential oils (mint and lavender)
Aloe vera juice
Silk protein

I mixed this all up and applied the mixture to damp hair (spritzed my hair with water). I put on a plastic cap and plan on leaving it on my hair for 45 mins to an hour. In addition, I test the PH of my mixture and it was between 5 - 5.5, which is perfect for me.

What are your favorite lazy day hair treatments?
**********************************
My new rhassoul clay recipe was okay. I think in the future I will stick with the recipe using only vinegar, water and a little aloe. This mixture didn't leave my hair as soft as usual, however, this could be due to the silk protein I added. Additionally, I will let the clay sit on my hair for the usual 30 minutes without the plastic cap next time as well. I'm happy I tried a new mixture, but my most recent recipe definitely yielded the best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment