Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Spa Steam Treatment

Want to reap the benefits of steaming, but don't want to spend a fortune on a steamer? Here's a method I use to steam my hair. I generally do this as a pre-poo treatment, especially after swimming, which I've been doing quite a lot of these past few months.

It's super quick and easy.
  1. Take a tea towel, place it in a sink full of warm/hot water (not too hot). A tea towel is easier to manipulate than a bulky cotton towel and it's easier to wring out the water.
  2. Add in a few drops of your favorite essential oils (I used peppermint and lavender) to the sink full of water.
  3. Take the towel and wring out the water, however leaving enough to keep it damp. Place the towel on your hair immediately, cover with 1 or two plastic caps and put a satin bonnet or towel over your head, to lock in the heat.
  4. Leave on hair 20 - 30 minutes.

You can apply conditioner or oil or any of your favorite hair treatments. I oiled my strands with coconut oil and aloe vera juice. The peppermint gave a nice refreshing tingle and the lavender oil was very soothing.

Do you steam? What are some of your favorite DIY treatments?

Happy Steaming,
Annabel

No comments:

Post a Comment