Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Reunited and It Feels So Good


Oh yes, sun and warm weather are back in my life! Not sure how long this will last, but I'm cherishing every moment. There's nothing better than warm weather in my opinion. It makes you cherish the simple things in life. It also makes smiling contagious. I've already got the summer bug and we just survived February!

I hope everyone out there is experiencing a little spring weather. If not, I'm sending warm vibes in your direction.

Continuing on this high note, can I just express how happy I am that I decided to go natural. I know, I know this blog is primarily about my natural hair and natural, natural blah, blah, blah. However, I do hope that somehow my journey will help someone (if you're reading) who's on the fence about going natural. Someone who's thought about it a million times, but never was sure if they could commit to it. My advice to you, DO IT!

Anyway, yesterday, my ends felt rough, so I decided to give myself a much needed trim. Since my hair has been really frizzy lately (probably due to split ends) I did an online search for dry, frizzy hair remedies. I got the idea to do a hot oil treatment on livestrong.com (love that website). So I whipped up olive oil, vitamin E, castor, honey and a little mayo and warmed all of the ingredients. I applied this to my hair in sections and twisted each section. I then put on a plastic cap and let it sit for about 2 hours. What hole have I been hiding under and why did I not do a hot oil treatment sooner!? My hair feels like a million bucks now! It's shiny, spring and so soft. Oh and best of all, I've experienced less frizz.

Here's a pic, with a new style (well new to me) that I've sporting lately to tip-toe around my in-between stage issue. I pretty much wear this style 5 days a week and wear my hair out 2 days per week. It works well for my work out routine and saves me a lot of time in the morning. I take down the puff at night, wrap the flat part of my hair and throw a satin cap on. In the morning, I get ready, take off the scarf spritz the puff with water and add some whipped shea butter (if necessary).




And now time for some sun:

No comments:

Post a Comment